10/06/2014: Demolition work began this week and it has made a lot of progress by the first week of October.
10/06/2014: Only additions to the original 1924 structure are being demolished.
10/06/2014: A rubber mold in rubber was made of this fireplace to preserve the original design.
09/21/2014 Demolition work began this week and it has made a lot of progress by the 24th.
09/23/2014: These car garages are an addition to the original structure and will be demolished.
09/24/2014: Fencing is finished and the sign describing the project is up.
09/18/2014 This 70,000 lb Cat 330C was brought to the site on 09/17/2014.
09/18/2014: Workers from the engineering team slicing a wall of the original house.
09/18/2014: The perimeter of the construction site is been secured with a new fence..
09/William Carey observing historical column preservation effort.
This is the original drawing of 27 Star Island by Walter DeGarmo and Phineas Paist.
Mark and John Jansheski, Project Manager and Owner of 27 Star Island.
Ralph Choeff, Raphael Levy, Keith Kleppinger and Mark Jansheski.
The original column ornaments are preserved to be used in restored house.
A worker removes original ornaments from stairway to preserve for restored house.
1920s aerial view of Star Island and where the Fisher Island ferry and Coast Guard are now located.
Historic photos of Miami Beach, the property, Degarmo etc. Only historic B&W photos here.
Completed in 1925 it was designed by Phineas Paist with Denman Fink.
Beauty contest winners at the Venetian Pool in Coral Gables, Florida.